Therapy, Behavior and Vision Resources
The District Services staff at North River Collaborative work with students across many south shore public school districts as well as within the NRC Learning Centers and schools. During this time of school closure service providers are excited to be providing specific activities and resources to support students following the remote learning plans provided by districts and programs. Below please find additional resources that may be helpful as you navigate the days with your children at home.
Should you have specific questions related to your child please reach out to any service provider (first initial last email@example.com) and they will respond within 24 hours.
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, Stay In!
Resources to Support Your Child's Progress at Home
- Yourkidsot.com – resources and ideas for everything: fine motor, visual, sensory
- Growinghandsonkids.com – ideas for fun and easy activities with materials you already have at home; information on sensory processing, activities of daily living and much more!
- Ot-mom-learning-activities.com – check out the the tabs on the left of the homepage to help navigate through a wide variety of activities and resources
- Therapystreetforkids.com – check out tabs on the left for any area you are interested in
Working the Hands (fine motor) and the eyes (visual motor/perceptual:
- Allkidsnetwork.com – ideas for crafts and printables
- Mamaot.com/fine-motor-activities-using-household-items/ – just what the name says! Check out the links at the top of the page to other resources on the website
Working the Body (sensory processing skills/coordination/strengthening):
- http://therapystreetforkids.com/Sensory.html – this website has everything including an easy to understand breakdown of sensory processing and activities for home
- Https://www.spdstar.org/basic/home-activities – there is some great information about sensory processing and ways to incorporate organizing activities into your daily routine
- cosmickids.com – online yoga and movement
Community Supports and Resources
- https://www.corsefoundation.org/ – great resource for local recreation programs and more!
Family-Friendly Learning Tools
- http://www.pathstoliteracy.org/blog/10-ways-encourage-writing-home-and-make-it-meaningful – check out the blog itself for other great ideas
- http://www.parentcenterhub.org/repository/multiple/#parents – ways to support children with disabities at home
- http://www.metrokids.com/MetroKids/January-2010/For-Children-with-Special-Needs-Activites-Build-Skills-and-Self-Esteem/– hobby and interest ideas for all types of children
- http://www.nhs.uk/change4life/Pages/disability-activities-kids.aspx – active ideas for kids with disabilities
Augmentative and Alternative Communication/Assistive Technology
- https://www.powerofatech.info/online-writing – writing support; webinars